You’ve seen the photos, read the articles and (hopefully) made a shopping plan. Balmain x H&M is heading your way – here’s some tips to ensure that you are the savviest shopper of them all, best of luck and see you on Thursday.
1. Stores will open at 8am. The collection will be available online starting at 5am PST on hm.com/us/balmain. If you choose to do your shopping online, your best chance of getting what you put in your cart is to save your shipping and billing details ahead of time. You can register your details on the H&M site. Remember online shoppers are limited to no more than one product per item.
2. The wristband system is back. To guarantee yourself to get in, you’ll need to be one of the first 420 people in line. The first 420 people in line will be given a colored bracelet – 14 colors with one for each group of 30 customers. Your color determines when it’s your time to shop in the designer collection area. The bracelets are only for customers shopping the Balmain x H&M collection.
3. You have 15 minutes to shop. After your group is finished shopping, there will be a five-minute break so staff can tidy up the floor before the next wave. H&M notes that “if you are not in the first 420, you can still shop in the store, as the bracelet system only applies to the Balmain x H&M collection. After the last group shops, the designer collection area will be open to all customers.
4. There’s a purchase limit. Shoppers can buy up to two items per style in-store, and one item online. Choose wisely.
5. Returns are accepted, except on accessories. Per the H&M’s site: “On items from the collection, purchased in our stores, we offer a return or exchange until November 8th, with receipt, in the original form of payment. After November 8th, with or without receipt, refunds will be issued as a store credit at the current selling price, in the form of a merchandise credit card. Note that accessories are not returnable for hygiene reasons. All merchandise must be returned in original selling condition. Valid photo ID required for returns without receipt. On items from the collection, purchased at hm.com, we offer a return or exchange, in the original form of payment, on returns that are postmarked within 3 days of package receipt. Accessories are not returnable for hygiene reasons. All merchandise must be returned in original selling condition.”
Here’s the list of the H&Ms in Los Angeles carrying the collab, with line locations:
Beverly Center (8500 Beverly Blvd; 310-855-1009)
Line will form in front of Macy’s outside of the mall.
West Hollywood (8580 Sunset Blvd; 855-466-7467)
Line will form in front of the store on the Sunset side.
Westfield Century City (10250 Santa Monica Blvd; 310-843-9543) Line will form in front of store and wrap around alongside Victoria’s Secret.
Americana at Brand (891 Americana Way; 818-502-9835)
Line will form in front of the Apple store.
FIGat7th (735 S Figueroa St; 213-623-3756)
Line will form in front of the store and wrap around alongside Zara.
South Coast Plaza (3333 Bristol St, Costa Mesa; 714-557-0362)
Line will form in front of Bloomingdale’s outside of the mall.
Worried about not being the the first 420 in the door? You can guarantee your spot in line with LineAngel. You can download our app right now and reserve a LineAngel to save your spot. Click here for more info.